Hochseekreuzfahrten mit anderen internationalen Veranstaltern
Antworten
Galaxy
4th Officer
4th Officer

Saga Pearl II to be renamed

Beitrag von Galaxy »

Hello everyone!

It looks like Saga Pearl II ex Astoria will be renamed to Quest for Adventure in spring 2012,i gues she will be transfer from Saga to saga owned Spirit of Adventure cruises....And then it will be intresting to see if she will be repainted too or she will keep the deep blue color on her hull :)
Patrick Wetter
Captain
Captain

Re: Saga Pearl II to be renamed

Beitrag von Patrick Wetter »

Hi there,

this sounds logical as Saga has recently bought the BLEU DE FRANCE, a ship which fits much better to the SAGA RUBY (both originally designed for world-wide cruising on the high-end-market).
The SAGA PEARL II is a vessel which fits better to SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE - and it was planned like this originally when Saga first looked after the ASTORIA.
It could well be that she recieves a white hull again as a sign of keeping both brands sepperate.
MathiasK
2nd Officer
2nd Officer

Beitrag von MathiasK »

Hi,

I hope that she will become the with hull, looks much better.
And I´m cuirous to see the new design for the BLEU DE FRANCE. I hope to see the ship again in the kiel-canal in 2012 !

Regards Mathias K.
AIDAblu
3rd Officer
3rd Officer

Beitrag von AIDAblu »

Well, if I may once again present my idea from last year...

Bild

...including of course my beloved French balconies :wave:

Only thing I hope is that BLEU is not secretly due to replace RUBY! :eek:
MathiasK
2nd Officer
2nd Officer

Beitrag von MathiasK »

Hi,

don´t worry Dirk. The SAGA RUBY will cruise also in 2012 and 2013 for Saga. This I know from my contact in england at the Saga office ;)

Regards Mathias K.
AIDAblu
3rd Officer
3rd Officer

Beitrag von AIDAblu »

That leaves me time until 2014 to raise some funds and make her over as a hotel-museum... :cool:
Galaxy
4th Officer
4th Officer

Beitrag von Galaxy »

MathiasK hat geschrieben:Hi,

don´t worry Dirk. The SAGA RUBY will cruise also in 2012 and 2013 for Saga. This I know from my contact in england at the Saga office ;)

Regards Mathias K.
Saga Ruby will cruise around until 2015 it is said :) And i really hope more years after that too....
MathiasK
2nd Officer
2nd Officer

Beitrag von MathiasK »

Moin Dirk,

allways you will put each old Liner for your Hotel an Museum. I think that you will be a konkurrent for the scrappers in India after you win few millions in the lotteria :lol: :lol:

Regards Mathias K.
Rhein
2nd Officer
2nd Officer

Beitrag von Rhein »

Another question: What about the SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE (ex BERLIN), will she be replaced by the SAGA PEARL II or will the ship be added to the "fleet" ?
AIDAblu
3rd Officer
3rd Officer

Beitrag von AIDAblu »

MathiasK hat geschrieben:Moin Dirk,
allways you will put each old Liner for your Hotel an Museum. I think that you will be a konkurrent for the scrappers in India after you win few millions in the lotteria :lol: :lol:
Regards Mathias K.
You be sure I would!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Call me a nut, call me crazy or other niceties, but if I had the money (does Bill Gates still need an heir?!) I'd realize at least part of my dream and put the most valuable old vessels to good use as floating museums which would house hotels!
I know this never will happen, but at least I want to try to have ONE of the nice old dames preserved. Ruby of course would be the best since Rose is lost (she'd have been the Empress of all!) and Mona Lisa is degraded and indistinguished, but there are other candidates (Funchal, Princess Daphne, Black Prince, even Athena or Marco Polo or Orient Queen, not to mention Pacific!).

To come back to the matter of this thread, after losing Maxim, we even had our eyes on Astoria whose future was in doubt back then. But she was not suitable with her many interior cabins which would have been difficult to re-organize and put to other use.

So I hope she will sail on for a long time - hopefully alongside Spirit of Adventure rather than replacing her! Since Spirit is only half the size of future Quest, Saga could use the smaller one on destination-intensive voyages which would be unavailable to the slightly larger Quest which in turn could be sailing more mass-market oriented special destinations. If you understand what I mean...I hope I do myself! :D
Together they sure would make a nice team and win the hearts of their passengers.
MathiasK
2nd Officer
2nd Officer

Beitrag von MathiasK »

Hi Dirk,

I think that the ship win alreaddy the hearts of the Saga Passengers :thumb:

Regards Mathias K.
Antworten